One of the largest criminal anti-dumping cases in U.S. history involved honey laundering. Dubbed as ‘Project Honeygate’, the product was imported illegally from China to avoid duties of more than 200%, and some of the honey was even adulterated with antibiotics! The investigation resulted in charges of about $3 million. That’s a buzz-kill for anyone contemplating honey smuggling.
- Risks with no reward: why Canada needs to stand up against U.S. proposals for bulk imports of pharmaceutical medicines
- Defence First: The Geopolitics of the USMCA
- NAFTA 2.0: Rhetoric vs. Reality Pt. 4
- NAFTA 2.0: RHETORIC VS. REALITY PT. 3
- Why NAFTA matters for your small business… Even if you don’t export